• mixed feelings

It all began yesterday on my father’s birthday, which on that time was quite moody for me (no need to explain why I was moody) somewhere in the evening. These 2 people came into my workshop asking who is owner of the Black Saga parked on the side of the building. I said it was mine and straight away they introduced themselves and what they do, which was somewhat related to vehicle security. At first they told me about the process of engraving our vehicle’s registration number onto the vehicle’s window, using the “sandblasting” method. If you all noticed when buying a new vehicle, there should be a series of alphanumerics engraved at the bottom side of your windshield and rear window (At least I noticed it on my Saga). Those series of alphanumerics is the chassis number for the current vehicle. And supposedly the vehicle’s registration number should be engraved on the same windows too. This is related to vehicle theft that happened quite often these days, it makes it easier for the authorities like the police to track the vehicle if it is stolen.

Back to those 2 people. After that I agreed to let them do it on my vehicle for the cost of RM45 on the 4 sides of the window of my vehicle (except the side windows for the front side). At that time I have no money to pay for the service, but we have made some kind of a deal for me to pay for it on a later date. I happily accepted the deal. RM45, paid on the later date? How could I not resist?

Unfortunately it doesn’t end there after that. They began to explain how the bad people, aka vehicle burglar being able to penetrate into our vehicle, and showed a demo on how it is being done. I was totally shocked of how they can do it in less than a minute. There are 2 methods actually…but I think no need to explain it in detail :P

Before I even notice, they introduced to me some kind of an anti theft mechanism named “Anti Theft Pro” (duh~) to prevent it from happening. And it costs quite a lot actually, near RM400. I was kinda in doubt for a moment of having it installed into my vehicle. But seeing how clever they were with the “engraving” that I mentioned earlier, they said that it will be free of charge if I agreed to install the mechanism. Clever, clever indeed. Sure was tempting for me at that time. Plus they even already began dissecting the inner part of my vehicle’s door before I agreed for them to do so. They said it was “just to show the inner side on how the thief opened the door”. Right at that time I had a mixed feelings. I felt that I was somehow being tricked into this, and seeing on how they do the demo makes another part of me wanted for them to install it. In the end they do a good job at it!

I agreed to let them install the mechanism. And the deal made before this was slightly changed. I’ll pay for it, the engraving (which is now free), and also the installation of the “Anti Theft Pro” into my Black Saga somewhere in next week, which by then I’d already receive my salary paycheck. The thing is, I said that (haven’t receive salary excuse, which is true…I haven’t receive it yet) at first as the reason to avoid them from touching my Black Saga. Warghh!…what’s done has been done…now I need to find get the money ready by next week. :( In the end I still had mixed feelings…between having installed the anti theft system, that would decrease (not eliminate) the possibility of my vehicle being stolen, and the regret of my currently shortage of money (sengkek ler) that is conveniently happening right now, made the lost felt more even worse. :(

9 Comments

1. manchurr says:

lol.. hmm, safety tu kena ada gak.. tp kalo aku.. aku x wat anti-theft tu.. mahal tu beb.. jgn ko letak keta kat luar umah dah ler :P

2. hepan says:

Azmie, kalau beli cluth lock (I assume ko pakai manual la) baru RM50 kot.. ade story pasal cluth lock ni dekat ZTH (zerotohundred.com) dimana kereta satria GTi yang pakai lock tu selamat dari pencuri even tho derang (the theif) dah buat macam2 nak gerakan kete tu. It really work, I’m planning to get one too.

It’s okay kalau ko dah beli “anti-theif pro” tu, no harm done since it was always a wise move to protect your vehicle anyway. cume koyak sikit la poket tu :p

3. azurt says:

kalau orang nak curi, ko pasang gril ke, ko rantai besi ke, mesti kena curi jugak.. pencuri sekarang dah pandai (tah2 orang jual tu pun sebenarnya kerja part time dia curi kete.. ) :-?:siul[-(

4. ZeMMs says:

Teringin gak aku nak tengok camner mudah sangat dia leh ceroboh keta nko.. huhu.. ilmu tu… :P

manchurr on August 10, 2007 at 9:04 pm said:

mmg agak mahal…aku tgk dier nyer mechanism pn takle canggih maner…cumer fungsi dier meng”block” tempat2 yg menjadi sasaran utk pecah masuk ajer…

hepan on August 10, 2007 at 9:30 pm said:

mmg aku pakai manual…clutch lock? u mean dier lock pedal clutch tu ker? aku penah tgk demo pasal mende tu…

ituler…aku tgh pikir secara positif ler ni…takder ler kete aku senang sangat nak dicerobohnyer…

azurt on August 11, 2007 at 11:10 am said:

erk at least ader lar inisiatif nak prevent mende2 camtu berlaku…kang dah terjadi nyesal tak sudah ler plak nnt :(

ZeMMs on August 11, 2007 at 11:47 am said:

ko mmg patut tgk zemms…biler aku tgk camner depa wat tu…terasa cikai sgt kete aku ni…huhu…proton ler patut disalahkan…tak mengutamakan ciri2 keselamatan…:-l

6. hepan says:

tapi kan… kalau memang die nak curi bole je dier tow terus unless ko rantai kete ko kat pagar ke, pokok ke, tiang lampu ke. :))

heheh besenyer kalu tow itu keje finance nyer org ler…kalu org nak mencuri ni dier try bawak lari ngan drive sendiri kete tu…

8. Fath says:

Hehe bila dah ada kete kena banyak keluar duit kat maintenance. Kalau takde kete pulak susah pulak nak gerak sana-sini… Hmmphh… :-?

biasa ler tu…give and take ler katakan…(betul ker phrase tu? taram jer…huhu)